Friday 26 February 2016

The Creme de la Creme of Make Up: Charlotte Tilbury

You  know how people talk about love at first sight? And how you're not supposed to judge the book by its cover? Kind of controversial, isn't it? Well I think there is such a thing as lust at first sight and then falling in love... which is exactly my story with Charlotte Tilbury's make up range.



The beautiful rosegold packaging instantly catches the eye, and the well thought-out, chic and luxurious design draws you closer and closer to the counter. When you finally try the products and see for yourself that the luxury doesn't end at the packaging, that's when you start to fall in love...

Is it expensive? Yes. But there is something unique about the products that I haven't seen with any other high end brand, that somehow makes spending your money worth your while. No regrets.

I personally own a few of her products, but what I don't have  (and even some of what I do, but I'm already scared of them running out) are definitely on the top of my wishlist.



Filmstar Bronze and Glow Sculpt and Highlight Palette
My number one favourite is something I can't imagine doing my make up without anymore. The famous Filmstar Bronze and Glow Sculpt and Highlight palette is the very product she claims that it had been the best kept secret of Hollywood stars for years. Having no cheekbones whatsoever, I thought this was the answer to my prayers! The sculpt shade is cool enough to create a more defined facial structure, but still has a warm glow to it, making it perfect for both every day and occasion make up. The lighter shade has the smallest shimmer in it, giving an amazing golden sheen to your cheeks without it being over the top. I have to admit, on a particularly dull skin day, I dust this all over my face to it a little life. The consistency of the products is heavenly; the powder is finely milled and feather light so it won't leave you looking a year older than you are. And even though the palette is £49, you need to remember that it includes a bronzer and a highlighter, so technically they are less than £25 each. Purchase justified!



Eyes to Mesmerise in Marie Antoinette and Verushka
A close second in the favourites contest has to be the Eyes to Mesmerise cream eyeshadow pot. Initially I purchased two shades, Verushka and Marie Antoinette, just to have a small variety of colours.  Marie Antoinette is a lovely oyster gold colour, so easily wearable in the daytime, but with a bit of dark brown in the crease, you're all set for a night out too. Verushka.... well... Verushka is something else. If I had to describe the colour it would go something like this: green-grey-smoky-glowy moss with a golden sheen to it. The fact that you can't decide what colour it is makes it mesmerising on its own, but the added extras are pretty brilliant too. The colour pay off is amazing, the oh-so-creamy texture is easily blendable, but once it dries it does not move for the rest of the day. And it gives you a smoky effect with a wet look, that makes it incredibly unique. My next shopping spree will definitely include buying a couple more of these tiny pots of magic.



Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillowtalk
The Pillowtalk lip cheat lip liners have transformed my view of "browny pink" colour lips. I always thought I don't suit them and the whole concept was just too 90s for my taste. But actually, this colour provides such a perfect "your lips but better" look with a twist, that I couldn't resist purchasing it. You can either wear it as a traditional lip liner, but I personally prefer just using it as a lipstick. The only downside to this product is that it doesn't come in a chunkier lip crayon form and I feel like I am going to run out of it way too quickly!

An added bonus to the product range is the adorable naming. Pillowtalk perfectly describes the subtleness of this colour, but my other two favourites include Kiss'n'Tell and Berry Naughty... just so cute!

Magic Foundation
I have to admit, this was the only product I tried from Charlotte Tilbury's range that didn't hit the wow-factor to me. It's a really nice full coverage foundation that doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. It lasts a long time and doesn't crease too much, but I'm still not sure I would repurchase it. Maybe it's the fact that it's not dewy enough for my liking, maybe I haven't seen the skincare magic of it because I didn't use it for long enough. The packaging is painfully beautiful, and for what it's worth, it looked fabulous on my mum. I have to assume that it just wasn't exactly what I expected and it may be worth another try at some point in the future.

Even though I heard mixed reviews about the new Magic Foundation, the feedback on the Light Wonder foundation has been overwhelmingly positive. It does promise a glowy, dewy finish, so I think I might become better friends with this one.

On My Wishlist

...Pretty much everything she makes! I am determined to get a few of her Matte Revolution lipsticks, but I haven't decided which colour to go for. I desperately want to try her blushers and the famour Full Fat Lashes mascara and I am also intrigued by her eye shadow palettes and the Colour Chameleon eye shadow crayons. Oh no, I can already hear my purse screaming!

Let's Talk!

Have you tried any of Charlotte's products? What brands are you obsessed with?

2 comments:

  1. The Charlotte Tilbury contour palette has changed my life too; I just simply adore it. All of Charlotte's shadows are phenomenal too, I have a couple of the palettes and every single shade is gorgeous.... I don't think that has happened in a palette for me since Urban Decay's Naked. Have you tried any of her creams yet? THEY ARE AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! My mum actually got a sample of the magic cream and she really loves it, but it's so expensive!! Well... maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete