Sunday 3 April 2016

March Favourites

Another month has come and gone, and with the weather turning a bit more bearable, I definitely felt like going to different stores and trying new products. One of my goals this spring is to stick to a well planned out wardrobe and only but what I actually want and need. Make up-wise I definitely didn't limit myself, as so many brands brought out irresistible spring collections!


With the sunnier weather and blooming flowers, I couldn't resist trying lighter formulas and rosier colours. Some things haven't changed from last month, I'm still enjoying my Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette, especially pairing the golden-shimmery shades with rosy lips and cheeks. So fresh and happy!

Make up-wise I have really been enjoying Charlotte Tilbury's Light Wonder Foundation. This really reminds me of Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, but the finish of this one is a bit more glowy, I feel. I normally just shake this up and apply with my fingers as the watery formula blends like a dream and gives a very natural, dewy base.


As the weather got warmer, I ditched my contouring products and switched to more of a rosy cheek- look, especially after I purchased this L'Oréal Le Blush in Sandalwood Pink (Shade 120). It's a beautiful fresh colour with the tiniest shimmer in it, and I feel like it gives my make up look a very healthy look.

As I mentioned, in March I enjoyed using some light, golden shimmery shades on my eyes, but nothing too dramatic. Instead of a smoky look, I dialled up my lashes with the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noire Major Volume Mascara. This product is absolutely incredible! It gives my lashes an insane amount of volume, quite a bit of definition and the colour is very intense. I do have to say that this gives you a 60s lash look, and if you can't put up with some minor clamps, this product is probably not for you. I am definitely all about the lashes though!

On my lips I really enjoyed using the Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Dusty Pink. On work days I normally just patted this on very lightly and blended with my fingers for a natural rosy look, but when I felt like going for a bolder lip look, this gave a perfectly muted, but still bright rose colour.


Fashion-wise I invested in these Topshop Hayden Boyfriend Jeans. I have to say, I have not loved a pair of jeans this much before. It's so comfortable and still looks amazing, especially when paired with some ankle boots. My mum almost got a heart attack when she saw me in this, but I absolutely love them and I'm already contemplating buying a second "just in case" pair.

As for shoes, I love the whole white sneakers trend that's going on at the moment, however I'm afraid that if I invest in a more expensive pair, someone is going to step on my feet pretty my right away. With that in mind, I went around in high street shops to find an alternative found this lovely pair in Zara for £25.99! I think that's an absolute bargain and if it doesn't last as long as an expensive pair would, I can still buy another pair and save some money. And they're comfy too!

My absolute favourite purchase of the month was these sunglasses from Michael Kors. I actually got these as a birthday present from my mum, after I fell in love with them in store. I always wanted a pair with reflective lenses, and this one was absolutely perfect! The rims are rosegold (score!) and the temples are white, absolutely stunning colour combination. I love the aviator style and thankfully they're not as delicate as the Ray Ban ones, as I always feel like they would break very easily. The lenses are bright blue in most lightings, sadly this doesn't show on the photo very much. The downside to the reflective lenses is that you can see me struggling to take this photo... how lovely!

As I'm going on a city break at the end of May, I'm already thinking about what summery make up and clothes I should get hold of. I'm thinking about bringing forward my "summer wishlist", but let me know if you have any suggestions.... What do you think would look amazing on a holiday in Rome?

Lots of love xx


1 comment:

  1. I love the yellow roses in your pictures :)
    The CT foundation sounds right up my alley and as for the colour of the Bobbi Brown - it's gorgeous!!
    Enjoy your city break.

    Screen Nine
    Working Girl Wanders

    ReplyDelete