Sunday 20 March 2016

What's in my travel bag? - A week at home

Ever wondered how to fit an entire week's clothing in a carry on suitcase when you're going to a familiar place? Maybe you're visiting a friend abroad who is willing to lend you a towel and some toothpaste so you don't have to pay the extra luggage fee? As my family lives abroad, I have had more than enough practice in how to put together a decent mixture of clothes to be able to survive a week! So don't worry, it's not impossible!


First things first, you'll want to make sure you have all the essentials for the plane: passport, purse, your phone (and charger!), headphones, sunglasses and whatever else makes you feel comfortable on a flight. Thankfully most airlines let you take a carry on and your personal bag on board, so you have some extra space to play with here.


Secondly, don't forget that you can use some of the clothes you're wearing on the plane later as well. I always like to opt for the most comfortable pieces to wear on the plane, but you might want to consider wearing your thicker pieces that would take up more space in your suitcase. For example, if you're going on a summer holiday, make sure you wear your "emergency warm clothes" on the plane, so you can save some space in your carry on.

Versatile pieces are lifesavers when you travel with a carry on. I normally like to stick to my monochromes, this way I know that I can play mix and match with my clothes and I will never have to wear the same outfit on the holiday! And don't forget that throwing on a pair of sunglasses or changing up your accessories can convert your entire look. Endless possibilities!


I don't like to go too crazy in the shoe department as they tend to take up the most space and they are also the heaviest in your suitcase. If you have a pair of comfortable sneakers and a pair that makes your outfit a little bit less casual, you're covered for the whole week!


The best advise I could give you though is: the simpler, the better! You are on holiday and you won't want to feel uncomfortable in your own clothes, so make sure you opt for something that lets you make the most of your time away! Oh... and leave some room for shopping!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going abroad soon so I love reading these kind of posts. I always end up packing to much so i think I need to take your advise!

    Jasmine x
    www.jasminesimone.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) An extra tip as well: roll your clothes instead of folding, less creasing and more space! :) xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete